The information on this page applies to QWS3270 PLUS and QWS3270 Secure.
- Choose between blinking and non-blinking cursors. A Crosshair option to visually assist with text alignment is also available.
- Clipboard Support for the common copy, cut and paste functions. It also provides an APPEND function where data can be appended to data already in the clipboard. A PRINT function allows the clipboard data to be sent to the Windows printer
- Cursor customization including underline, block and vertical bar. A different shape can be displayed when in insert mode.
- Dynamic Data Exchange Support to allow other Windows applications to send data to the 3270 session and receive data from the 3270 session.
- Enhanced Key Functions such as Delete Word, Error Correcting Backspace, Tab to Next Word, Tab to Previous Word
- Entry Assist provides functions that make it easier to enter and edit text material. It includes margins, tabs and an audible end of line signal. Each of these functions acts just like the corresponding functions on a typewriter. Entry Assist includes a word wrap facility, which allows you to type without having to use the New Line key. Word Wrap automatically does a New Line function for you when you need a new line. Word wrap picks up any partially typed word and places it on the next line.
- Extended Mouse support including cursor select function.
- Null to Blank Processing support translates all null characters to blanks before the screen data is sent to the host.
- Record and playback keystrokes. Repetitive typing tasks can now be automated.
- Convert pre-recorded Keystroke files to Script file format.
- Row and Column indicator for the cursor
- Screen Sizing allows the dynamic re-sizing of the window. When you drag the window border to change the window size, the application attempts to find the best font size that matches the window size selected
- Scripting support allows frequently used key sequences or functions to be written as a script. This script can be executed from the menu or the script can be assigned to a key using the keyboard re-mapping dialog.
- Sessions can be configured and saved for future use.
- Status bar integrated into bottom window border.
- Toolbar support for frequently used functions. Enhanced, fully customizable toolbars.
- Transparent Printing: The application includes support for the transparent write feature. This is most commonly referred to as TPRINT.
- Type Ahead Buffer support allows keyboard input while waiting for the host to process the last attention key.
- User selectable fonts including scalable fonts.
- WWW Browser helper application support for browsers including Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- Ability to disable the start up splash screen.
- Ability to start another QWS3270 PLUS session from an existing session.
- JGS Update Utility provides an easy way to obtain the latest version of the QWS3270 PLUS software using your Internet connection.